Ryder Jax...come on down!

Posted on Saturday, July 30, 2011 |
He is finally here!  It's been a long 40 weeks waiting to meet him, but he was definitely worth the wait.  Ryder Jax Wilson was born July 26th, 2011 at 2:57am.  He weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces and 19.5 inches tall and was delivered at Portsmouth Naval Medical center.
I will spare you the nitty gritty details but here is how things went down:
6:30 pm I am starting to feel contractions and slightly uncomfortable.
8:00pm I am pumped the Bachelorette is coming on TV but now realize I am definitely in labor.
We leave for the hospital at 8:15pm and drive through torrential rains, and tornado warnings.
We arrive in the waiting room at 9:00pm and this is when things start to get PAINFUL.
I am physically lying on the waiting room floor in pain for 2 hours, then stumble over to the front desk nurse
telling her that I am going to give birth in the waiting room if they do not get me back there.
It was a busy night to give birth and they were running out of rooms!  I was 5.5 cm dilated, and ready to GO!
They take us back to room 3 (mine and Jesse' lucky number!) where I get a shot of something, my IV, and wait around for the epidural.  
Once the epidural is in place, I start pushing.  This upsets the baby, so 10 Doctors run into the room telling me that I might get a C-section.  Turns out Ryder was playing a game of cord-around-the-necky that made the night very scary for a little bit!
We wait two hours to get the baby's heart beat back to normal and then it's time to push again.  Within 10 minutes the little guy pops onto the scene and our lives are changed for the better forever:)
Jesse heads over to watch Ryder get his cord cut, and get his first bath.

We have been home for a couple of days now, and have been busy trying out all of Ryder's new toys, lovingly staring at him, and taking pictures non-stop.
Thank you all for your texts/calls/emails!  We are definitely feeling the love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.